Below are our top 5 tips for March when outdoor weather starts to become more favourable.
Gardening tips for March
- Prepare the vegetable garden soil for planting. The addition of well-rotted manure, processed manure, peat moss or compost are good additives for building compost humus in the soil.
- Clean out all of your birdhouses now, so that they will be ready when the birds return.
- Finish pruning fruit trees this month - before the buds swell.
- Remove all dead blooms from bulbs.
- Plant Strawberries, Blueberries, Currants, Loganberries, Boysenberries, Grapes, and fruit trees.
Need more help and advice? Visit our gardening experts at the garden centre in Berkshire.